Back to Basics
We offer a ‘back to basics’ camping experience on our working farm. Our limited facilities are offset by the panoramic views of the Peak District and stunning sunsets to the west.
*Please note, some aspects of camping are slightly different during Covid19, email us for more details*
- No fixed pitches; campers use a selection of fields dependent on livestock grazing and haymaking.
- No electricity hook-up; enjoy the sounds of the countryside without your hair-dryer or DAB radio.
- No hot water or showers; mains drinking water taps on bright blue pipes are available in the fields for your use.
- Environmentally friendly; compost toilets and long-drops facilities.
- We allow campfires; provided no damage to the ground is caused, i.e the fire is on a fire pan, brazier or BBQ. We have handmade fire pan’s available for use free of charge.
- Large log bags; available to buy for £5 a bag, one bag will last three-four hours burning, or bring your own! (no nails please)
- Well-behaved dogs; are allowed by arrangement. We have free-range livestock including lambs and poultry, so dogs must be kept under close control at all times.
- Groups; are welcome and can pitch together in a large area, please book by a group leader in a single booking.
- Clear and tidy; we ask that you leave your camping area how you found it. Please litter pick for small items especially, such as bottle tops, to ensure it’s safe for the grazing animals.
- Please do not; set off Chinese Lanterns, they are very damaging to wildlife, or use disposable BBQ’s directly on the ground, we can provide bricks.
- Recycling: can be sorted and be left in our marked bins.
- Other rubbish: should please be taken home with you.
We sell our Organic meat for barbeques, boxes of eggs, and salad bags. More information and price list here.
Please pre-order and pay for produce before arrival, when possible.
We can provide farm walks to groups of 6 or more people free of charge.
We offer a general tour of the farm and our animals, providing information on organic production, conservation, and archaeology.
Fees per night are:
£10 for adults
£4 for children aged from third birthday.
No charge for babies and toddlers aged up to two.
To book give us an email or phone call, details on Contact Us page.